Conduct of Members & Guests
Please be mindful of the Club motto “Savoir faire, Savoir vivre”. Members and guests should conduct themselves at all times in an exemplary manner that honours the traditions and values of the Club.
Members and guests are personally responsible for ensuring they respect the law regarding the consumption of alcohol and the use of cannabis or other intoxicants, in particular as it pertains to the operation of motor vehicles. That responsibility is not and cannot be assumed by the Club.
Members and guests are required to conform to the approved standards of attire at all times.
For greater certainty, the following guidelines shall be respected:
MAIN DINING ROOM – BUSINESS ATTIRE
- For men: TIES and JACKETS required
OTHER ROOMS – BUSINESS CASUAL ATTIRE
- For men: smart, casual tailored trousers or pants (including denim); shirts with collars and sleeves, turtleneck sweaters, golf shirt with collar; jacket (mandatory only in the Main Dining Room).
- For women: smart, casual tailored trouser or pants (including denim); skirts; collared shirts; collarless blouses and sleeveless summer dresses.
More formal business attire is always appropriate
and encouraged in the Club.
Please note, when attending a private event, the dress requirement is Casual Business Attire unless specified otherwise by the host
Not permitted anywhere in the club
- Shorts, track or yoga pants, faded, worn and/or torn trousers/pants, cargo pants
- Crop or tank top, t-shirt, hoodie, sweatshirt, fleece jacket or pullover, outerwear
- Apparel with slogans or commercial messages, wrinkled or unwashed clothing, visible undergarments (i.e. underwear, bras)
- Canvas or nylon sneakers/athletic shoes, running shoes, work boots, winter boots, open toe shoes for men; casual sandals (i.e. flip flops) for women
- Combat or tactical uniform
- Personal effects such as hats, coats, umbrellas and overshoes, briefcases and valuables may be left at the reception desk. The Club accepts no responsibility for the loss of any personal effects.
- Electronic Communications devices (ie. laptops, tablets, cell phones, etc.) may be used discreetly in silent mode throughout the Club with the exception of the formal dining room. Telephone calls may be placed and received in private rooms reserved for meetings.
- Photography by members and their guests is permissible in areas of the Club where electronic communication devices are permitted. To protect the privacy of our members, their guests, and our employees; photographs should not include individuals who have not given their express consent or any Club employees.
About bar/restaurant service
- Guests shall respect the decision of any Club employee to refuse the service of alcohol. Club employees engaged in the service of alcoholic beverages have received training approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and are required to abide by the Club’s Policy Statement on Alcohol Service.
For additional information, please contact the Club at (613) 233-7787.